This course is based on the document "Interim Policy on the Use of Permanent Relocations as Part of Superfund Remedial Actions" and will focus on the following topics:
- Making the decision: Is relocation a viable option at your site?
- Gathering household information: What do you need to know?
- What is a "reasonable expense"? What is not appropriate?
- How to work with the affected residents - Communication is key
- Dealing with stress and disruption
- Resolving disputes
- Anticipating problems - Developing creative solutions
- Planning, Coordination, Advisory Services, Appraisal and Acquisition, Appeals
There also will be some discussion on business relocations and we will also talk about rebuilding of demolished structures. The course will include a discussion of these topics and more and students will have a chance to apply their knowledge to a case study. Students are strongly encouraged to bring site-specific examples or questions for discussion. The appropriate audience for this course includes: RPMs, CICs, and attorneys with ORC. USACE real estate experts also will be invited. Experts and novices are encouraged to attend. The course is most helpful when there is a balance between representatives from each of the identified job classifications. Attendance is limited.
*This course is offered free of charge to all registrants who are confirmed to attend.*
For general information contact Howard Fribush
by telephone at 703-603-8831
via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
| Upcoming Events
No upcoming events.
Previous Events (click to view/hide)