U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation, in collaboration with Region 1, Region 2, and Region 5, are conducting a three-day Sediment Remediation Course. The course provides Federal and State environmental professionals with practical information on how to evaluate the technical suitability of dredging and excavation or in situ capping remedies for contaminated sediments. The course focuses on issues and limitations associated with each alternative, including information on designing remedies that maximize long-term effectiveness and minimize short-term impacts. It will also discuss case studies involving dredging and capping. The course briefly addresses monitored natural recovery and specifics for handling, transportation, and disposal of contaminated sediments.
By taking the course, participants will learn about the following:
- Equipment used for dredging and capping remedies;
- Design, implementation, and monitoring of dredging and capping remedies;
- Key issues and how to make scientifically sound decisions in evaluating dredging and capping remedial options at contaminated sediments sites;
- Relevant information from EPA's guidance Contaminated Sediment Remediation Guidance for Hazardous Waste Sites; and
- Resources, references, and web sites useful in evaluating dredging and capping remedies.
The three-day course is designed to be practical in nature and is based upon the hands-on experience and lessons learned by the instructors. Information provided in the course will allow participants to become aware of, and familiar with key issues associated with dredging and capping remedies; the course is not intended to make the participants experts about these remedies.
For general information contact Steve Ells
by telephone at 703-603-8822
via e-mail at email@example.com
The target audience for this course is personnel of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and other Federal and State environmental professionals only.
*This course is offered free of charge to all registrants who are confirmed to attend.*
More information on this event is available,
| Upcoming Events
No upcoming events.
Previous Events (click to view/hide)