The SPCC rule (Title 40 Code of Federal Regulations [CFR] Part 112) has been a controversial regulation, the focus of significant public comment, and the subject of extensions to the compliance date and several regulatory amendments. In 2008, EPA published revisions to the SPCC rule and then delayed the effective date to open it up for public comment (following guidance from the White House). EPA plans to publish a final rule in November 2009 that addresses the comments submitted and that ultimately may result in changes to the 2008 final rule. These SPCC rule amendments are designed to increase clarity, tailor requirements to particular industry sectors, and streamline certain other requirements. The regulatory changes will alter both the type and content of SPCC plans and what OSCs will see in the field during SPCC inspections. By taking this seminar, participants will:
For general information contact Jodi McCarty
by telephone at 513-333-3672
- Obtain a brief introduction to the SPCC rule.
- Learn what provisions were modified or added to the SPCC rule in 2008 and 2009, and why.
- Understand how these changes may affect the regulated community.
- Understand the implications of extensions to the compliance date on enforcement.
- Learn what outreach materials are available for the regulated community.
| Upcoming Events
No upcoming events.
Archives of past CLU-IN internet seminars are available in the CLU-IN Studio at http://clu-in.org/studio/. You will be able to view the slide and hear an audio stream of the presentation as it occurred.
Previous Events (click to view/hide)