The principal objectives of this course are to help and assist students to learn the following subjects:
Outlines of this course states as follows:
- Radiological and radiochemistry fundamentals,
- Reactor Physics, e.g., N-Reactor,
- Data Quality Objectives (DQO) process, especially on using radiochemical data,
- Properties of Irradiated Fuel, (e.g., K-Basin spent fuel),
- Chemical properties of Hanford Tank Waste, and
- Recent developments in the field of Radiological fuel and its potential application in radio-analytical chemistry field.
Dr. Chung-King Liu will be the instructor.
- Chemical Engineering Aspects of Radiological Power:
Radiological Fission; Radiological Fuels; Radiological Reactor Types; Fuel Processing Flow Sheets; Fuel-Cycle Operations; Fuel Reprocessing
- Radiological Reactions:
Nuclide; Radioactivity; Decay Chains; Neutron Reactions; The Fission Process; Growth and Decay of Nuclide with Simultaneous Radioactive Decay, Neutron Absorption, and Continuous Processing; Derivation of the Bateman Equation by Laplace Transforms
- Fuel Cycles for Radiological Reactors:
Radiological Fuels; Effects of Irradiation on Radiological Fuels; Fuel and Poison Management; Fuel-Cycle Material Flow Sheets
- Data Quality Objective:
Data Collection Cycle; Counting and Counting Statistics; Radiochemical Data Reduction; Quality of Radiochemical Data
- Solvent Extraction and Ion Exchange Resin of Metals:
Applications; Extractable Metal-Organic Complexes; Solvent Extraction Principles; Distribution Coefficients; Solvent Requirements; Theory of Countercurrent Equilibrium Extraction
- Properties of Irradiated Fuel and Other Reactor Materials:
Fission-Product Radioactivity; Radioactivity of the Actinides; Effect of Fuel-Cycle Alternatives on Properties of Irradiated Fuel; Radioactivity from Neutron Activation; Neutron Activity in Recycled Fuel
- Plutonium and Other Actinide Elements:
General Chemical Properties of the Actinides; Properties of Uranium; Properties of Thorium; Properties of Plutonium; Properties of Neptunium; Properties of Americium/Curium
- Fuel Reprocessing:
Objectives of Reprocessing; History of Reprocessing; The PUREX Process
There is no registration fee for this course.
For general information contact Diane Ruthruff
by telephone at 206-553-5139
via e-mail at email@example.com
| Upcoming Events
No upcoming events.
Previous Events (click to view/hide)